Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a simple sign

So this one is a no brainer. It took me all of 10-15 minutes. I took an old framed print of a bridge (the civil engineer in me) and covered the mat with scrap fabric.




Then I printed out the words "Be Still" from Psalm 46:10 onto plain printer paper. I traced the letters very hard with a pen over top of the fabric so that it showed up a little.






Then I took a permanent marker (I call it a "sharpie" but hubby insists that the words "sharpie" and "kleenex" are BRAND names and not common nouns. whatever. where was I?)




So I took that permanent marker and I traced over my light pen line and filled in. I replaced the glass and hung my new "art" on the wall under my old junky "art" that cost $1 ladder.











5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney,

    Sorry, I deleted my comment because it's way past my bedtime here and it's affected my ability to spell. I found you at Shabby Chic Cottage.
    Just read your post, and I feel the same way - a lot. There is a lot of talent in blog land. I lose my creativeness when I'm tired, but looking after family is more important. Sometimes I wonder if my blog will even last 6 months, and why did I ever start it. I like the blogs of everyday people trying to do the best with what they have. I'm glad I founnd yours.
    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. It's hard to feel super creative when your time/budget seems to get in the way. But I'm sure your family appreciates being taken care of, so I'd say your doing a good job. Plus, you seem pretty darn creative to me! Your laundry room is incredible! Anyways, thanks for stopping by this morning and entering the giveaway! I hope you get time to make some girl stuff before your little one arrives. Send me pictures if you do and I'll show them off on my blog!

    Ellie
    http://homestitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete