Saturday, October 17, 2009

Procrastinator's Party

I know I'm like over a week late in joining up with Melissa's Procrastinator's Party here at The Inspired Room, but I procrastinated so long in creating a blog that I couldn't join up until now. So better late than never, right?

I have a desk that we purchased as part of a bedroom set. We got the entire set (double bed hb & fb, chest of drawers, dresser, and desk) for $70. The house that we purchased had an auction of all of it's contents. So, we got some furniture really cheap. It's all matchy matchy and not very pretty, but in time piece by piece, it will be. The desk we're using in our living room and it is making me crazy being all unfinished... I need the accountability of a linky party for this one or it may never get done.


Heres the desk in its unfinished status...


And a close up of the drawers. Oh yeah, I have one stipulation from my husband. No new hardware... which is a bummer because I'd LOVE to get rid of these handles and replace them with new. But it presents a unique challenge all the same.
So I'm looking forward to posting about the finished product. It's only been on my to-do list for 2 months now ...

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have an old desk that I picked up this summer that I haven't done anything to yet either. For Melissa's party, I'm tackling the chair that goes with it (just reupholstering the seat). Can't wait to see how your desk turns out!

    ReplyDelete